(with no pre-thought)
- You can be down but you should never be out. One of the main reasons for my continued existence is my propensity to move forward. Life can, and will rip you apart, tear you down, break your heart, and rub salt in your wounds — but life is so much more than that In between the broken hearts and the salted wounds there’s beauty, and laughter. There’s joy and amazement. Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens. So, when life knocks you down, you have to move forward. Lest you spend your days walling in life’s sadness. Stand up, take a step into the sunlight and admire the raindrops on the roses, and, if there’s time — point out that kittens have whiskers. I mean, if that’s your sort of thing.
- Save money. Avoid debit. Debt is inevitable, and society will rate you on a scale to 850, but don’t tie this number to your self-worth.
- Wear condoms, lest you get a disease. One of which being babies.
- Be mindful of how you speak. The way in which you speak will directly impact others perceptions on the level of your intelligence. Regardless of how smart you actually are.
Things could be worse. Things could always be worse. Celebrate the fact that they are not.
- Choose your friends wisely. Surround yourself with people who love you unconditionally. Don’t shy away from situational friendships, but acknowledge them as such. One day, you will be an asshole to your friends. You will hurt them, but your true friends — when the dust has settled will be there, with a broom to hero you sweep up the dust. More importantly, love these friends unconditionally in return — and buy a broom. You’re going to need it.
- Never let a word define you. Crazy, fat, smart, skinny, ugly, dumb, and so on… Remember, they’re only words — while you, you’re a person. You are you — and that’s pretty incredible.
- Anger is one of the most exhausting emotions to entertain. If you start to feel angry, take a moment to decide if what has made you angry is deserving of the amount of energy required to feel that way.
- If you see someone in need – help them. It doesn’t matter if you know them; it doesn’t even matter if you like them, because that’s what decent people do — when they see someone in need, they help them. A perfect world does exist; but not without each other. Don’t let your ego be the cause of another person’s continued suffering. You are better than that.
- Wear chapstick, because chapped lips are painful.